ALEXANDER & Co. created in 1860 and the GAYMARD & Co. in 1931 were both renowned ship chandlers.
ALEXANDER & Co. specialized in supplying ships of the German merchant fleet and of Deck and Engine stores.
GAYMARD & Co. were specialized in the ship chandling of the French merchant fleet.
At the end of the 1990s, bringing up together the skills of each Company, these two ship chandlers became AGS (ALEXANDER GAYMARD SUPPLIES) and joined COFRAPEX who became the leader on the Mediterranean ports.
Today, AGS remains always the leader in supplies of Deck and Engine stores, but is now specialized in marine spare parts, engine parts, pumps, compressors, etc.